The Germans are stereotyped as being sticklers for rules and always obeyning by them.
It’s not always the case, but today I found that one rule appears to be golden.
- You must only cross the road when the green man in showing.
- Not even if there is a gap in the vehicles that you can see you can make it across in.
- Not even if there is nothing coming for a while.
- Not even if there is nothing in sight.
- Not even if all the roads are closed due to a marathon taking place, no vehicles will be down this street for the next five hours and it’s not on the course of the marathon.
Yet, despite this, the locals were still carefully waiting at every junction for the Green Man. It was at this point that I finally decided that I had to put my foot down, or in this case forward, and actually cross the completely empty roads before I lost it with the locals.